Thursday, March 08, 2007

Do As We Say But Not As We Do?

Much has been made of our Government's sudden love affair with carbon neutrality and its desire to save us all from the perils of global warming. I'm not going to re-canvas that debate as there are others far more qualified than I who have been there and done that already.

However what I would like to point out is that while the Government is keen on its Ministries to become carbon neutral, I don't actually recall them saying anything about the Parliament Buildings in which they themselves are located.


That rather indistinct haze highlighted by the arrow is what is pumped out every day by Parliament's gas-fired boilers.

Sustainability - it's a grand wee buzz word isn't it?

(Oh and I'm sorry about the picture quality, that's what you get for using a cellphone camera)

No comments: