Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Shortest Story.

The crew at Wired Magazine have come up with a wonderful competition which, fortunately, a number of fairly well known authors have taken to heart.

The concept, which I believe was inspired by Ernest Hemingway, is to write a complete story in just six words.

Here's what they came up with.

My personal favourites are as follows:

Machine. Unexpectedly, I’d invented a time
- Alan Moore

Longed for him. Got him. Shit.
- Margaret Atwood

Husband, transgenic mistress; wife: “You cow!”
- Paul Di Filippo

Don’t marry her. Buy a house.
- Stephen R. Donaldson

Heaven falls. Details at eleven.
- Robert Jordan

Dorothy: "Fuck it, I'll stay here."
- Steven Meretzky

However it'd be wrong of me to post all their genius with out having a crack myself. So for what it's worth here's my effort.

Time stood still, nothing much happened.
- Randominanity
What can you come up with?

No comments: