Monday, August 22, 2005

It's a Tie.

Bloody politicians can't get anything right.

Here I was thinking that at this general election I'd vote out of pure selfishness for the political party that gave me the biggest bribe. A week or so ago I was feeling pretty chuffed as it looked as if, with all the cash Labour and National were handing out in their rabid attempt to buy votes, that I was in a win/win situation. Surely one or t'other would be able to come up with the dosh to buy my vote.

As a single working professional with no dependents and a student loan (size=substantial)I'd get about $1,650 in savings from Labour's student loan policy and sweet FA from their Working for Families tax relief package. So under Labour I'm better off to the tune of $1,650.

With National's tax cuts package I save $905 a year. If you add on the tax deductions from its Student Loans Policy I get another $750. Sum total under National $1,650.

Bastards!! I can't even use self interest as a way of casting my vote.

The only way around this is to get my girlfriend pregnant in order to get the Working For Families tax cuts and there is absolutely no way that's going to happen.

(especially if she reads this)

No comments: